Skip to main content

Lemon Poppyseed Almond Flour Muffins

I had been craving lemon poppy seed muffins lately and when I received some lemons from my dad I decided it was a good time to make them. I wanted to make them a little bit on the healthier side by using almond flour and honey to avoid any refined ingredients. A lot of the muffins I've made with almond flour in the past have been heavy with the exception of a couple of the recipes I've got on the site. So I really wanted to make sure these would be light and fluffy. They turned out fantastic they had a nice texture and I hope if you make them you enjoy them too.

Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients:
3 Eggs
1/3 C Soft Butter
1/2 C Warm Honey
Zest of one Lemon
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 C Lemon Juice
2 1/2 C Almond Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbs Poppy Seeds
1/4 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a 12 cup muffin tin. 
In a large bowl mixed together eggs, soft butter, and honey. Add in the zest of one lemon, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly combined. Next add in almond flour, baking powder,poppy seeds, and salt.
Divide batter evenly into muffin tin. The cups should be pretty full.
Bake 400 for 5 min then lower oven temperature to 325 for 12-14 minutes.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then cool on a wire rack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiderman Burger Buns

My kids want to try the Spider-Man Whopper from Burger King but our Burger King was always sold out of buns so we decided to make our own. We actually like ours a little better. Give him a try and let us know what you think. Ingredients: 1 C Water 1 Tbs Yeast  1/4 C Sugar 3 1/2 C Flour 1 1/4 tsp Salt 1/4 C Beet Powder 1 Egg 2 Tbs melted butter 1/2 tsp of Activated Charcoal mixed with a few drops of water for painting buns. In a large bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer combine 1 cup of water and a tablespoon of yeast. Let sit while you gather the rest of your ingredients so the yeast can get activated. Add a quarter cup of sugar to the yeast mixture. Then add in flour, salt, and beet powder. Start to mix those together then add one egg and two tablespoons of melted butter. Mix until thoroughly combined and the dough forms a ball that is tacky. Cover dough and let rest an hour to an hour and a half until doubled in size. When the dough has doubled in size remove from bowl an...

Stevia Sweetened Pumpkin Bread

This was by far and away most popular post on my Blog Healthy Gourmet on the GO. I was thrilled to get nearly 3,000 views on this post, which is nothing compared to other bloggers but I was proud of the accomplishment. The other day I received a call from a customer asking how she should bake a pumpkin bread with stevia. I was embarrassed that I could not give her a good answer. After a few failed attempts to make a sugar free black bean brownie I had given up on baking with stevia. After a little digging online I found a good looking conversion method for stevia which I shared with her. She was afraid to make something that wouldn’t turn out so she scrapped the idea. In my typical fashion I announced to my husband the next morning (he was barely awake) that after laying awake I had decided “ Today I will make a stevia sweetened pumpkin bread!” Those of you familiar with stevia know it can have an after taste. This bread does seem to lose it a bit overnight, so it is better the next ...

Sourdough Discard Chocolate Cake

I've made sourdough bread for years but recently started branching out and trying different things with my discard. I had made apple cheddar muffins with sourdough discard probably about 15 years ago, sourdough waffles like the ones I had tried in Las Vegas, but never really added it to anything else outside of bread products.  I tried Chocolate Chip Cookies a while back with good results so it seemed natural to try a chocolate cake recipe. I tend to make my baked goods less sweet so I adapted a recipe I found to suit our tastes and topped it with a lightly sweetened peanut butter drizzle. This cake was moist and perfectly sweet. Ingredients: 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup cocoa powder 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 3/4 cup oil 1/2 cup sourdough discard 1/2 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup brown sugar 1 cup milk of choice 1/2 cup hot, fresh and strong brewed coffee Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan, set aside. In a large ...